Women’s Media Centre of Cambodia (WMC) JOB VACANCY
Women’s Media Cantre of Cambodia (WMC) is independent and non-partisan. As a Cambodia Women’s Media Organization, it is dedicated to improving the status of women in Cambodia and “Making Gender Equality Possible in Cambodia” (vision). Its mission is :
To use the media services to educate, lobby and increase awareness of women’s rights in Cambodian society;
To use the media services to empower women by providing evident-based information on socio-economic issues impacting their lives, and by giving them a voice on these issues;
To advocate for the positive portrayal of women in the public media, and to encourage and support women in media profession.
WMC is seeking a qualified Cambodian to fill the following positions:
I. Marketing and Sale Officer (1 position: Salary will be negotiated upon experience)
Based in Phnom Penh
- Is responsible for successful marketing of WMC products for self-generated income, making sure the value and uniqueness of WMC production is properly communicated through successful promotion, distribution and sale;
- Represents WMC and effectively markets all its productions through established networks and liaisons;
- Develop sale strategy.
- Search for new connections in order to expand the network of customers and stakeholders
- Shares strengths and weaknesses of competitors with ED and Management Team.
- Liaise with website staff to ensure that all production lists (internal database) are updated and the most relevant video and radio clips are regularly posted on WMC website.
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication, Psychology or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in marketing, communication or sales for a corporate, social enterprise, NGO, governmental agency, service agency or related field;
- Working experience in gender issues is highly preferable.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Khmer and excellent typing skills;
- Able to self-train quickly The most accurate and up to date details of job announcements in Cambodia can be found at the web site www.BongThom.Comand adapt to new technologies
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Creative idea, outgoing and good communication skill
II. Radio Operator (1 position: Salary will be negotiated upon experiences)
Based in Phnom Penh
- Radio Technical Operation
- Operates the broadcasting and ensures it is high quality and smooth;
- Presents live entertainment and market program in accordance with WMC Vision and Mission;
- Joins in selecting both Khmer and international songs and music for broadcasting;
- Keeps and maintains studio facilities, such as microphone, mixer, ear phone, sound networking computers, song CDs and program CDs, in order to ensure high quality of broadcasting;
- Joins in training staff or volunteers about technical work;
Secondary education and at least 1 year of relevant experience in Radio production and broadcasting;
Women are encouraged to apply for the first position.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a covering letter, expected salary and detailed CVs with current photo to WMC office #19A, St. 564, Sangkat Boeung Kak 1, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, Tel: 023 881 497 or e-mail to [email protected]/[email protected]
For e-mail applications please do not attach certificates and supporting documents.
A job description is available on request. All applications will be retained in WMC. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
The closing date for applicants: Friday, 05th May 2017 at 5.00pm.